The purpose of this Fire Prevention Plan is to eliminate the causes of fire, prevent loss of life and property by fire. Prevention is better than cure.
- Never throw burning cigarettes or match stick.
- Never smoke in a smoking area, use designated room only.
- Do not use faulty electrical equipment’s. Repair, replace immediately
- Never overload electrical connections by using multiplugs.
- Take proper precautions at the time of welding / cutting operations
- Clear spilled oil immediately
- Check fire detection and fire protection system regularly.
- Do not cover an electrical bulb with combustible material; leave ample space for air circulation.
- Read all instructions / notices before switching on / off any machinery.
- Never store flammable gas cylinder with other cylinders.
- Burning of waste papers and other combustible material should be carried out in an approved place.
Housekeeping Preventive Techniques
The following are housekeeping techniques and procedures to prevent occurrences of fire.
- Keep storage and working areas free of trash.
- Do not use gasoline or other flammable solventor finish to clean floors.
- Use noncombustible oil-absorptive materials for sweeping floors.
- Dispose of materials in noncombustible containers that are emptied daily.
- Remove accumulation of combustible dust.
- Ensure combustible materials are present only in areas in quantities required for the work operation.
- Ensure that if a worker’s clothing becomes contaminated with flammable liquids, these individuals change their clothing before continuing to work.
- Post “No Smoking” caution signs near the storage areas.
- Report any hazardous condition, such as old wiring, worn insulation, and broken electrical equipment, to the supervisor.
- Keep motors clean and in good working order.
In case of Fire Emergency, Do these things to safely escape a fire
- Get down, get low, get out – smoke is poisonous, get underneath it on your hands and knees, and crawl to the nearest safe exit.
- Shut the doors behind you to stop the spread of fire and smoke.
- Shout Fire! Fire! Fire! to warn others.
- Ensure everyone is out of the building.
- Get out and stay out – never go back inside.
- Go to your safe meeting place